Skip to main content

Recognizing Harmful Vaccine Reactions

The Immunity Education Group (non-profit) recently posted a video on how to recognize harmful vaccine reactions. It is well-worth the two and a half minute watch here:


Thanks to the Immunity Education Group for this video: http://immunityeducationgroup.org/

I think it is important to note that just because some of these reactions are considered "normal" does not equate to causing no harm.

There are numerous stories of children who have suffered a range of vaccine reactions from mild to death. These cases should not be ignored in the name of the "common good."

My stance will always be: where there is risk, there must be choice. Period.

The federal court stated in 09-152 Bruesewitz v. Wyeth LLC (02/22/11) - Supreme Court, that vaccines are “unavoidably unsafe." With this remark they essentially determined that, yes, vaccines are unsafe--we can't help it, but they can't be improved upon, so it's ok.
I find that unacceptable. If there is great risk--and ask any parent of a vaccine injured child whether there is--there must be motivation to improve, and there must be choice for that medical procedure. If something is unsafe, and your unwilling to improve upon it, and children are being injured and killed from it, then it needs to be discontinued or be a choice to parents--not become compulsory.

My nephew experienced a terrible case of eczema after his MMR vaccine--he still has scars over ten years later from it, and he was one of the lucky ones. A cursory glance over the records my mother kept after each of my childhood vaccinations discloses that I experienced sickness along with high fevers and all the "mild" reactions listed in the video after each one--I was also lucky. Of course, when I was a kid there were far fewer vaccines in the schedule.

Then, just after college, in preparation for a sojourn to Central America, I had the Hepatitis A shot. When I received the shot, I was one-hundred percent healthy, within about 15 hours of having the shot, I became very sick. At the time, I thought I must have just eaten something bad or come down with a bad flu all of a sudden, so I didn't call my doctor--just cared for myself best I could and missed a few days of work in the process. Having done research after the fact, I now realize, I was having an adverse reaction to the vaccine. Every "mild" side effect listed, I had except instead of a "low fever," I had a high one.

Mild Side Effects of Hepatitis A Vaccine:
  • low fever
  • headache;
  • dizziness, tired feeling;
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite;
  • joint pain;
  • sore throat; or
  • swelling, redness, or a hard lump where the shot was given.
I had them all, and although not listed as a side effect, I feel compelled to mention that I never suffered allergies until after this Hepatitis A shot. Perhaps coincidence, perhaps not.

Taking it to the other extreme would be this example of severe adverse reactions to the Gardasil HPV vaccine. Erin Crawford is interviewed by VAXXED (it's about a 20 minute video--if you can, watch it, she's amazing and her story is powerful and telling. If you can't watch all of it, watch from about minute 12 of video):


"Erin was a completely healthy college student who was asked to take Gardasil as part of a trial. Within 24 hours she was violently sick, vomiting, and went on to develop Cervical cancer within 18 months, the very thing the vaccine was supposed to protect her from." She saved her tonsils and part of her cervix and had them sent to three independent labs for testing... the results showed that HPV 15 and 18 were present in both samples--those are two of the three strains that were in the Gardasil dose she received.

Vaccines do not just harm children, they can also harm teenagers and adults too. Erin's ending remark is a plea for all of us to get informed about the risks, and make informed decisions, not emotional ones.

Here is the "Not a Coincidence" video they reference in the interview above, if you are interested. It, too, is powerful, and so sad.



These are our children. Is this what it means to allow "unavoidably unsafe" vaccines to be mandated on our children? We must stand up for these girls and all children. If we don't, who will?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vaccine Information Resources

When I first started looking into vaccination, I was trying to convince myself that vaccines were indeed safe and effective--and that all those people who had "adverse reactions" were "coincidence." To my great and humbling surprise, I did not find this to be true. As I dove deeper into my research, I came across several resources that I found particularly helpful. Now, I would like to share them with you. Organizations/Groups: National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) : This organization has been around since 1982! "The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is dedicated to the prevention of vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and to defending the informed consent ethic in medicine." Their website has an abundance of useful information in an easy-to-navigate format: http://www.nvic.org/ They even have an advocacy portal to keep you connected to important issues in your state (just register and get involved)! Pennsylva

The Leicester Method, Smallpox, and the Unvaccinated

Origin of Vaccination, c. 1800 I recently posted about the "Pilot comparative study on the health of vaccinated and unvaccinated 6- to 12- year old U.S. children." I learned of this study at the exact time I was re-reading a few chapters from Suzanne Humphries' book:  Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and the Forgotten History . The chapters (6 and 7) go into the history of the Smallpox vaccine and its resistance in Leicester, England in the 1860s-1880s. To summarize: at this time, there was a great push for vaccines in England. The "1867 Vaccination Act [had] consolidated existing laws regarding vaccination and instituted a fine for parents who did not present their children for vaccination within three months of birth" (Humphries, 114). Even with this push for mass vaccination, a smallpox epidemic hit England in the early 1870s. This caused a great loss of faith in vaccinations: "It must strike the reflective observer as rather singular t

Measles: Coming to a town near you!

We’ve been hearing a lot in the news lately about Measles. Many people read these articles and believe they are unbiased depictions of the world around us. But, the truth is, the articles contain both fact and conjecture thrown together with a pinch of persuasion. Media knows most people only read the first paragraph, or so, before forming an opinion and moving on to the next thing. Hence this post's satirical title--just an example of how to gain attention and persuade the audience using fear (or humor... too soon?). But, seriously, it really isn't funny at all. It's disturbing and harmful, and creates enemies where friends once existed. That being said—I’m not going to go through and defend or explicate these articles, instead, I want to offer some peace of mind regarding measles and some helpful ways to support the immune system, if measles lurks its ugly head close to home.  “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understan